Check back in December 2013 for next year’s application.
Who is eligible to apply for a scholarship or loan?
1. You are eligible to apply for a Bootstraps scholarship and/or loan if you meet the following criteria:
• You are a senior currently attending and graduating from Evergreen, Conifer, Gilpin County*, Platte Canyon*, or Clear Creek* or High School.
• You live in the Conifer High School or Evergreen High School attendance area and will graduate from a different high school or are home schooled.
• You are a legal resident of the State of Colorado.
• You plan to attend a postsecondary school full time in the fall of 2013. Postsecondary includes college, university, vocational and technical schools.
* Please note - Students of Gilpin County High School and Platte Canyon High School are eligible ONLY for the Mountain Protective Association Scholarship. Clear Creek High School students outside of the 80439 zip code are only eligible for the Mountain Protective Association Scholarship. Please see your counselor for specific information about this scholarship.
2. Previous recipients of a Bootstraps award
You are also eligible to apply for an interest free loan if you received a Bootstraps scholarship or loan upon graduation from high school. If you received a scholarship only, you may apply for a loan of up to $1,000.00 for three subsequent years of undergraduate study. If you received a loan as part of your original award, you may apply for a loan of up to $1,000.00 for a total of four years of undergraduate study.
To apply/reapply for a loan, complete a Loan Agreement and a Recipient Information Sheet. You must be attending school full time (at least 12 credit hours per semester) and be in good academic standing.
Fax, email, or mail your completed loan agreement and recipient information sheet, along with proof of enrollment (a tuition statement or class schedule for the semester being applied for) and unofficial transcript to 303-838-3864 or email@example.com or
PO Box 4203
Evergreen, CO 80437-4203.
Requests will be accepted between July 1 and August 31 of the upcoming academic year and will be funded on a first come, first served basis until funds are exhausted. Incomplete requests will not be accepted.